Doddaka ..A North Canara Amchi Delicacy using Mixed Vegetables ,Cooked with Turmeric Leaves in a Coconut Based Dry Masala .
- Brinned Bamboo shoot pieces... 5 pieces
- Ladies finger ... chopped to 2 inch pieces, 6 pieces ( i used Parrot Green native variety for taste )
- Potato..1 small ( peeled, chopped to little bigger pieces )
- Tomato..1 small chopped
- Bitter Gourd ... chopped into lengthy flat pieces.. 4 pieces
- Raw Banana , peeled , chopped to little slightly bigger pieces .. 5 pieces
- Slit green chilly ...1 or 2
- Dried Kokam ,... 3 to 4
- Turmeric leaves ... 2
To grind to a semi coarse paste
- Grated coconut ... 1 cup
- Teppal ...( Sichuan pepper ) 5 to 6
- Dry Red chilles... 4 to 5 ( not roasted )
- Turmeric powder... 1/4 th tsp
- Salt to taste
Wash the turmeric leaves n cut it to 2 pieces ... keep aside
Soak the brinned bamboo shoot pieces overnight or for about 4 hours n wash with water about 4 to 5 times . Pressure cook it for about 3 to 4 whistle till soft but not mushy . Discard the water ...
Grind grated coconut, turmeric powder, dry red chillies to a semi coarse paste , just before removing the masal,a add the sichuan pepper ( teppal ) n grind just for a minute .
Wash all the chopped vegetables .
In a kadai place the cut turmeric leaves , ground masala , all the chopped washed veggies including cooked bamboo shoots , dried kokam , slit green chilly , water , salt n place the cut the turmeric leaves above it n cook on sim flame till the water gets evaporated n all the veggies is cooked well .
Serve with rice or Chapathis .