Double Beans Kootu
- Fresh Double Beans peeled - 1 cup
- Chana dhal- 1/2 cup
- Onion -1/2 of 1 , chopped
- Garlic flakes-3
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 th tsp
- Tamarind-Tamarind seed size
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Dry red chilly -3 or according to the spice
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Pepper corns-4 to 5 seeds
- Salt to taste
Soak Chana Dhal in water for 20 mts n pressure cook it ..
Pressure cook double beans for 1 whistle till soft but not mushy .
Grind grated coconut, garlic flakes,turmeric powder, cumin seeds, onion , tamarind, dry red chilly , pepper corns ,curry leaves to a fine paste.
In a kadai add oil , splutter mustard seeds n add curry leaves ,stir for a while n then add the ground masala n stir till the raw smell goes for few mts . Add the cooked chana dhal , cooked double beans ,salt n cook for sometime .