Bajri Na Vada ( Pear Millet Flour vada )
- Bajra Flour / Pearl Millet Flour ..2 cups
- Wheat Flour..1 tblsp
- White sesame seeds ... 2 tsp
- Jaggery...2 tsp crushed powdered .
- Curds... as much to prepare a dough
- Turmeric powder..1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Green Chilly Paste .. 2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida ..2 pinch
- Chopped coriander leaves ...2 tsp
- Oil... 2 tsp
- Salt to taste .
- Oil for deep frying
In a bowl add bajra flour, wheat flour, white sesame seeds, powdered jaggery , turmeric powder, ginger garlic green chilly paste , hing, chopped coriander leaves, oil, salt n curds ... mix well n make a semi stiff dough n keep aside for about 8 hours , covered by a moist cloth .
Knead the dough again n then make it into small equal balls .
On a plastic sheet or cotton cloth , apply little oil , place the bajra ball dough n press it with palms to about one and a half inch circle, make sure that the edges dont break .
Heat oil in a kadai , add the pressed vadas around 4 to 5 at a time n deep fry on both sides till crisp .Place on a tissue paper to remove excess oil .
Store in air tight container n it remains so for a week .
Serve the Bajri Na Vada along with mint chutney and a steaming cup of masala chai...