Bimbla Puddi Nonche /Bilimbi Masala Powder Pickle
- Bimbula /Bilimbi... 15 to 20 Tender ones .
- Salt as required per taste
To Dry Roast n Powder
- Byadagi chilles/Kashmiri chillies ...14
- Round Short chilly / Spicy chilly .. 6
- Mustard seeds .. 3 tsp
- Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds ..1/4 th tsp
- Hing /Asafoetida ...a generous pinch ( i use solid hing )
Wipe Bilimbi with dry cloth ... Slice them length wise .. Arrange these slices on a dry plate n sun dry for an hour ... Then dry roast them for few mts stirring in a kadai .keep aside .
Dry roast both the chillies on Sim flame , remove it .
Dry roast mustard seeds , methi seeds n hing separately ...remove , allow all the dry roasted ingredients to cool ...Then powder them .. Add salt to the powder n mix well ...Now add this ground powder masala to the sliced roasted bimbul n mix well ...
Set aside for 1 day n use the next day ..
Note : Dont touch water while preparing this pickle ... Sun dry spoon , mixie jar n also the porcelain or glass container in which the pickle will be stored ..
This pickle does not have shelf life ...so Refrigerate n use ... Lasts just for a week or fortnight , depending on what care its taken while preparing it ..