Tomato Pickle with Ground Spices
- Fully Ripened Tomatoes 1 kg
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Jaggery -Big Gooseberry size
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Dry Red Kumte Chilly - 12 to 14
- Methi/Fenugreek seeds -1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp heaped
- Crystal hing/Asafoetida - Pea size
- Tamarind - Gooseberry size
Wash n pat dry the tomatoes ., chop them to small pieces
In a kadai add oil n add in the chopped tomatoes n roast well , till the juices of tomatoes evaporate .
Add jaggery n cook again till it dissolves .
In a pan add oil n roast dry red kumte chilly's , take it out
Then in the same oil roast mustard seeds , fenugreek seeds n hing ..remove it
Cool all the roasted ingredients n grind to a fine paste with tamarind adding little water . .
Add the ground paste along with salt to the roasted tomato jaggery mix n roast well again till the raw smell goes n the pickle thickens .
Store in air tight container n this pickle remains for 8 to 10 days when refrigerated .