Phova ( Beaten Rice ) Bisi Bele Baath
- Thick Beaten Rice /Thick Phova - 2 cups
- Thur Dhal- 1 cup
- Water- 3 cups to cook the baath .
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 th tsp
- Tomato - 1
- Mixed chopped veggies ( carrot , potato, knol khol, beans, green peas , semebadane ( Chayote Squash) - 1/2 cup each ...
- Bisi Bele Baath powder- 3 tsp heaped ( i used MTR )
- Tamarind - huge lemon sized balls - 2 ( Soak in water for about 20 mts ) .squeeze the tamarind well , throw the residue n then add the bisi bele baath powder to the tamarind water n mix well .
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 sprig
- Cashew nuts whole -10
Wash n pressure cook thur dhal adding turmeric powder ...
Pressure cook vegetables adding salt only for 1 whistle , dont make it mushy by over cooking .
Wash the thick phova n drain the water ... ( no need to soak the phova )
In a kadai add the cooked dhal, cooked vegetable, tamarind water mixed bisibele bath powder , 3 cups of water ,salt , Washed thick phova, ,chopped tomato n Boil well , stir in between ... Then give the seasoning .
Serve hot adding a tsp of ghee on the top with any raitha !
Note : The phova tends to soak up water easily , so after sometime it tends to become dry n thick .