Talara /Chari /Raw jackfruit discarding portion Podis /Fries .
- Talara /Chari /Raw Jackfruit discarding portion - chopped to 3 inch pieces - 3 cup's
- Red chilly Powder - 2 tsp heaped
- Turmeric powder -1/4 th tsp
- Hing /Asafeotida - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Rice Flour - 1 tblsp heaped
- Oil to deep fry
Steam cook the chopped talara /Chari till soft but not mushy ..Allow it to cool completely
In a wide bowl add red chilly powder, turmeric powder , hing n salt ..mix well ..then add the steamed cooled talara /Chari pieces n mix well ..set aside for few mts .
In a kadai heat oil , run the marinated pieces on rice flour n deep fry few at at a time ..Remove on tissue paper to remove excess oil ..
Note : Talara/Chari is the portion above the tough skin of raw jackfruit ..which is usually discarded ..this is when the raw jackfruit is matured but not ripened as a fruit ..these unripened jackfruit segments are usually brined or made pappad ...