Masaledar Pyaaz ke stuffed Paratha /Onion Stuffed Masala Paratha
- Whole Wheat Flour...1 cup
- Water as needed to prepare a soft dough
- Oil..1 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the Stuffing
- Oil..2 tsp
- Mustard seeds..1 tsp
- Cumin seeds...1/2 tsp
- Ajwain/Carom seeds..1/2 tsp
- Hing /Asafoetida..2 pinch
- Finely chopped green chilles..2
- Finely chopped onion... 1 cup
- Red Chilly Powder ..1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder..1/4 th tsp
- Besan /Gram Flour ... 6 tsp
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves..1 tblsp
- Salt to taste .
Method to prepare the dough
In a bowl ,add the wheat flour, salt n just enough water to prepare a soft dough ..grease the dough with oil n set aside for 1/2 an hour .
Method for stuffing
In a kadai add oil , splutter mustard seeds then add cumin , ajwain , hing n saute for a while ..add finely chopped green chilles n onions n fry till the onions turn soft . Add chilly n turmeric powder along with salt n mix well ... then add the gram flour n stir for a while . Lastly add chopped coriander leaves n mix again . Allow it to cool n mix well with hands n make equal sized golf sized balls ...
To make paratha
Take small portion of the dough and flatten into a disc, place dough filling in the centre of the disc and pinch the sides together around the filing and roll out as chapathis but with a thickness . Roast on both sides on hot tawa ,smeared with ghee !