- Pumpkin Pieces ...12 pieces ( Big Chunks )
- Thur dhal - 1/4 th cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp ( i used MTR brand )
- Tamarind ... Gooseberry size
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - 2 pinch
- Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 th tsp
- Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red chilly – 2 broken
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Onion – 1
- Green chilly - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped .. 1 tblsp
Soak tamarind in little water for about 20 mts. Extract the juice n add sambar powder to it n mix well
Wash thur dhal n pressure cook it adding turmeric powder . churn it well .
In little water cook the pumpkin pieces .
Slice the onion, slit green chillies .
In a kadai, add oil n splutter mustard seeds, sweat cumin seeds , then add methi seeds, fry for a while then add the urad dhal, broken red chilly , curry leaves n fry for a few seconds . Add sliced onion, n saute till onion becomes transparent., then add slit green chilly n fry for a while . To it add coriander powder, red chilly powder n salt , Add the tamarind extract sambar powder mix .Add the cooked thur dhal, cooked pumpkin pieces . Add water for consistency n boil well . Garnish with ghee n coriander chopped leaves ..Keep covered for sometime before serving for extra flavour .