Astami Undo/ Kare Undo
- Besan flour/ chickpea flour -1 and 1/2 cups
- Puffed Paddy powder/Laayi pitto/Aralu hudi- 2 n 1/2 cups
- Black sesame seeds- 1/2 cup
- Cashewnuts- 3/4 th cup ( cut into bits )
- Antu bella/ sticky jaggery - 2 and 1/4 th cups
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Ghee- 1 cup to fry the shev n 1/4 th cup to prepare sev mix dough
Sieve Besan .. transfer it in a bowl n then add 1/4 th cup ghee n little by little water to form a stiff dough. now place the dough in the shev mould .
Add 1 cup ghee in a kadai , heat it .. now directly press in a circular way . when crisp , remove it n place it on a tissue paper . cool it n crush it with hands .
Now add 2 tsp ghee n roast cashwenut bits till it turns light brown . remove it .
wash n dry roast the black sesame seeds. remove it .
Add the puffed paddy powder, roasted cashewnuts, dry roasted black sesame seeds, shev , cardamom powder in a bowl n mix well .
Place a deep bottomed kadai n melt jaggery ( add little water ) ... on a medium flame , till one string consistency . switch off the flame n now add the above mix , 2 tsp of ghee . n mix well .
Apply ghee to the palm n form in to laddo shapes .
Note : can store for about a month in a air tight container .