Vaigana Randayi/ Purple long Brinjal cooked in Semi dry Masala
- Vaigana/Purple long Brinjal - 4 to 6
- Tamarind - Goose berry size
- Jaggery - Goose berry size
- Salt to taste
To roast n grind
- Oil -2 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tblsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Chana Dhal - 2 tsp
- Hing /Asafoetoda - 2 pinch
- Dry Red Chilly - 4 , add per the spice
- Grated coconut - 1 tblsp
- Raw Rice - 1 tsp
Wash n chop the brinjal's n put in water to avoid discoloration.
Boil chopped brinjal with tamarind n jaggery till cooked but not mushy .
In a pan add oil n roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal , hing n dry red chilly . Remove it cool n grind to a semi coarse paste along with grated coconut n raw rice.
Add the ground paste to the cooked stuffs along with salt n boil well .
Note: The Gravy should be semi solid , neither liquid nor solid . The consistency should be medium .