Aromatic Basmathi Rice with Terrace grown Mysuru badane, Nugge Kayi huli ( Green Long Brinjal n Drumstick Sambar with Ground Masala n Avakaya Pickle ( Raw Mango Pickle ) ;)Sambar
Mysuru Badane Huli adding Drumsticks
- Mysuru Badane /Green Long Brinjal -3
- Drumsticks - 1 , chopped to 3 inch pieces n removed the fibre
- Thur dhal-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
To roast n grind to a paste
- Grated Coconut- 1/4 th cup
- Coriander Seeds-2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
- Chana dhal-1 tsp
- Methi /fenugreek seeds- a pinch
- Turmeric powder-1/4 th tsp
- Hing-2 pinch
- Dry red chillies-6 to 8 or according to the taste
- Tamarind-Marble size
- Jaggery -chick peas size-2
- Oil-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Coriander leaves -2 tsp , chopped
Pressure cook thur dhal , cool n churn it well .
Cut Brinjal into 3 inch pieces n soak them in water for about 20 minutes.
Chop Drumstick to 3 inch pieces n removed the fibre
Cook the brinjal along with drumstick n jaggery In enough water .
In a pan add oil n roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal, hing, dry red chillies , cool n grind it with grated coconut , turmeric powder ,tamarind n salt to a paste .
Add the ground paste to the cooked vegetable, cooked thur dhal n boil well .
Then do the seasoning n the garnish .
Avakaya Pickle ( Raw Mango Pickle )
- Raw Mango - 4 Medium
- Red Chilly Powder - 100 gms ( i used Kashmiri chilly powder )
- Mustard seeds powder-100 gms
- Whole Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 3/4 th tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - a generous pinch
- Sesame oil- 1 cup
- Salt -90 gms
Wash the mangoes n pat it dry as no trace of moisture should be present .
Cut the raw mangoes into 8 pieces .
Dry roast methi seeds n keep aside.
In a Porcelain dish add red chilly powder, Mustard power, roasted whole methi seeds, Turmeric powder , hing, salt n add the chopped mango pieces n mix well with a dry wooden spoon . Add sesame oil n let it stand so for a whole day . Then mix well again n add more oil if required .
Can store such a pickle for an year if done in a proper way !
Note : Always the oil should be one inch above the pickle .