Khotto ...( Idli batter steamed in weaved jackfruit leaves basket) n Gud Gud Alambe Ambat
- Jack fruit leaves weaved baskets- 10 to 12
- Urid dhal-1cup
- Idly rice rawa- 2 cups
- Salt to taste
Soak urid dhal for 4 hours n then grind it to a fine paste .. remove the ground batter ,add the idly rawa , salt n ferment overnight .
In the morning add the fermented batter into the weaved jackfruit baskets till 3/4 th . Steam it for 10 to 15 minutes or till done
Gud Gud Alambe Ambat
- Cleaned n peeled Gud Gud Alambe -1 kg
- onion huge-1 (1/2 for boiling , 1/2 for seasoning )
- Magge ( Mangalore yellow cucumber ) Peeled n cut into small pieces -1/2 cup
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Roasted red chillies - 8 to 10 depends on d spice
- Tamarind - Tamarind seed size
- salt to taste
Pressure cook Alambe n Magge with 1/2 chopped onions n salt for 1 whistle ..dont discard the water n keep it aside ...
Grind red chillies, grated coconut n tamarind to a fine paste . Add this ground masala to the cooked Alambe n give a quick boil n season with 1/2 chopped onions ...