Drumstick Amti with Goda Masala n Dried Kokum .
- Thur dhal - 1 cup
- Drumsticks - 2 big or 4 small .
- Turmeric powder -1/4 th tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing - a pinch
- Kashmiri red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Goda masala -2 tsp ( I have used Bedekar Goda Masala )
- Jaggery- 1 lemon sized ( adjust to taste )
- Dried kokum- 3 or 4 ... if not then use 1 lemon sized tamarind .
- Grated coconut- 1 tblsp ( ground )
- Curry leaves- 2 sprig
- salt to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Hing /Asafoetioda- a pinch
- Coriander leaves
Wash n pressure cook thur dhal with turmeric powder n pinch of asafoetida . cool n mash it well .
Wash n chop drumsticks to 4 inch pieces, scrape the outer fibre n cook it in little water ..dont over cook n make it mushy .
In a kadai add oil n splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds..then add asafoetida, n saute for 1/2 a minute . Then add cooked dhal, cooked drumstick n water ( for desired consistency ) chilly powder, goda masala, ground grated coconut, dried kokum ,curry leaves , jaggery , salt n boil well .
Garnish with coriander leaves.