Cabbage Muddo steamed in Plantain leaves !
- Raw rice -1 cup
- Thur dhal-1 fist
- Roughly chopped cabbage-1 cup
- Roughly chopped onions-1 cup
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- tamarind -tamarind seed size
- fried red chillers-8 to 10 or according to the taste
- salt to taste
- Banana leaves -as needed if available or less this batter can be steamed in idli mould too !
Soak Rice n Thur dhal for 2 hours ..
Grind grated coconut , fried red chillies, tamarind to a fine paste without adding water ,add salt .. add in d soaked stuffs and grind a little coarsely (can sprinkle little water if needed )
Remove d ground batter , add in the chopped cabbage and onions ..
Cut the Banana leaves into reasonable size and pour the batter in it ..fold n steam for 20 mts or till done
Serve hot with coconut oil !
Note :The soaked Rice n Thur dhal has to be ground coarsely like rice rawa, cause if its fine then d muddo tends to be hard and sticky ! and the batter has to be thick not watery