Gindla idlies with Gud Gud Alambe Ambat
- Urid dhal-1 cup
- Idly Rice Rawa- 2 cups
- Salt to taste
Soak urid dhal for just 3 hours n then grind it to a fine paste in wet grinder .. remove the ground batter ,add the idly rawa n mix with hands just for a minute n ferment overnight .
Next day morning add salt to the batter n mix
Grease an idly mould ( Gindala ) ... pour in the batter n steam for 20 mts .
Gud Gud Alambe Ambat
- Cleaned n peeled Gud Gud Alambe -1 kg
- onion huge-1 (1/2 for boiling , 1/2 for seasoning )
- Magge ( Mangalore yellow cucumber ) Peeled n cut into small pieces -1/2 cup
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Roasted red chillies - 4 depends on the spice
- Tamarind - Tamarind seed size
- salt to taste
Pressure cook Alambe n Magge with 1/2 chopped onions n salt for 1 whistle ..dont discard the water n keep it aside ...
Grind red chillies, grated coconut n tamarind to a fine paste . Add this ground masala to the cooked Alambe n give a quick boil n season with 1/2 chopped onions ...
Post a Comment