White Rice , Drizzled with Ghee n topped with Terrace Grown Brinjal Chutney
Terrace Grown Brinjal Chutney
- Brinjal's -4 to 6 any variety depending upon the size n here i opted Banarasi purple round variety .
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Urid Dal – 2 tsp heaped
- Dry Red Chilly – 3 or according to the spice
- Garlic Flakes – 4 to 6
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 th tsp
- Tamarind – Gooseberry size
- Jaggery – chickpea size -2 adjust as per sweetness
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urid dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing - 2 pinch
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
Wash n chop the brinjals to 2 inch pieces .
Soak tamarind in little water for about 10 mts n squeeze it well n discard the residue . keep aside .
Remove the skin of the garlic flakes n chop it .
Add a tsp of oil in a pan n add urid dhal n roast till it changes color then add dry red chilly along with chopped garlic flakes n fry for few seconds till it gives a nice aroma . Take it out n allow it to cool .
In the same pan add chopped brinjal's n fry for few mts , add turmeric powder n stir for few seconds , then add the tamarind water n cook till soft . Take it out n allow it to cool .
In a blender add all the roasted ingredients along with jaggery , salt n little water n blend to a smooth paste .
Remove n then give the seasoning .
Post a Comment