Avakaya Pickle ( Raw Mango Pickle )
- Raw Mango - 4 Medium
- Red Chilly Powder - 100 gms ( i used Kashmiri chilly powder )
- Mustard seeds powder-100 gms
- Whole Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 3/4 th tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - a generous pinch
- Sesame oil- 1 cup
- Salt -90 gms
Wash the mangoes n pat it dry as no trace of moisture should be present .
Cut the raw mangoes into 8 pieces .
Dry roast methi seeds n keep aside.
In a Porcelain dish add red chilly powder, Mustard power, roasted whole methi seeds, Turmeric powder , hing, salt n add the chopped mango pieces n mix well with a dry wooden spoon . Add sesame oil n let it stand so for a whole day . Then mix well again n add more oil if required .
Can store such a pickle for an year if done in a proper way !
Note : Always the oil should be one inch above the pickle .