South Indian Styled Mushroom Masala
- Mushroom's ..1 packet
- Oil ...2 tsp
- Mustard seeds..1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds .. 1/4 th tsp
- Urid dhal ..1 tsp
- Methi /Fenugreek seeds..1 pinch
- Hing/Asafoetida ..1 pinch
- Tamarind..Marble size ( soak in water for 10 mts n extract the thick juice )
- Green chilly ..2 chopped
- Onion ... 1 huge Sliced
- Grated Coconut ...1 tblsp
- Sambar Powder... 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Wash mushrooms well n chop them ..
Grind grated coconut and sambar powder to coarse paste .
In a kadai add oil, splutter mustard seeds n cumin seeds , add urid dhal , hing , methi seeds , curry leaves n chopped green chilly n fry for a while . Add chopped onion n fry till transparent , Add tamarind pulp, coarsely ground mix, water n chopped mushrooms along with salt n boil ...
Let the gravy be of medium Consistency n this is my own innovation .